Bishop Aldhelm's CE
Loved by God; United in Learning
The government gives Pupil Premium funding to all schools to enhance the learning opportunities for children who are eligible for free school meals, children in care and children of service personnel. It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility.
The impact of Pupil Premium benefits all pupils at Bishop Aldhelm's.
Schools are required to publish information about their use of the Pupil Premium on their website. Please do ask our Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher or Assistant Head Teacher if you would like any further details.
Is your child eligible for Pupil Premium funding?:
As from July 2014 the following pupils may be eligible for Pupil Premium funding:
• pupils who are registered for a free school meal
• pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years
• pupils who have been adopted from the English or Welsh care system
• pupils who have been placed on a Special Guardianship Order (SGO) and have been adopted
• pupils who left care under a Residence Order (RO) on or after 14 October 1991
• pupils who have been looked after by the Local Authority continuously for more than six months, children of service personnel.
Free school meal entitlement - What you need to know
Parents are reminded that if your child is in Reception or Key Stage 1, and therefore currently having free school meals under the new universal infant free school meals arrangements, this does not automatically mean that your child will receive Pupil Premium Grant benefits. You must apply for Pupil Premium eligibility for the school to receive additional funding for your child. Please call into the school office and ask to speak to someone about Pupil Premium eligibility if you think you meet the criteria.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
If you think that your child may be eligible for Pupil Premium then please contact Miss Sharpe via the school office.
Please click the links below for information reporting on our Pupil Premium. You can also see our Pupil Premium Promise for what we offer across the school.
Further details about the outcomes of those children in receipt of the Pupil Premium compared with other groups can be obtained through booking an appointment with Lizzie Sharpe- Deputy Headteacher.